- 2 medium potatoes
- 250 g flour for bread and fresh pasta (remilled durum wheat semolina)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cube of yeast
- Sugar to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Boil the potatoes in their skins until cooked, peel and mash
- Dissolve a cube of yeast in a glass of warm water
- In a bowl add the flour, the potatoes and the dissolved yeast, begin to knead and add enough water and knead until the dough becomes smooth. Let it rise until doubled in volume
- Take small pieces of the dough and stretch to lengthen.
- Place the dough in hot vegetable oil turning them in the oil until they are golden
- Sprinkle with sugar and eat them
At Italia Sweet Italia, we believe that the oldest and most authentic Italian recipes are best learnt from those with a direct connection to the origins and traditions involved.
Discover authentic recipes passed down over the years from mothers to daughters.
[wpi_designer_button text=’Fill in the form and get our exclusive cooking booklet for free!’ link=” style_id=’8507′ target=’self’]
Check out our website to discover our Cultural, Culinary and Active Tours in Abruzzo. You’ll learn how to cook real traditional Italian plates in the friendly and relaxing Abruzzo. And if you’re not quite ready to make an enquiry, sign up to our free email course to learn everything you need to know about planning a tour of Abruzzo.