Create your own dream vacation!
What you like
What you want
Where you prefer
With whoever you wish
So many of us dream of a unique Italian holiday that is tailor made to suit both our interests and budget. Italia Sweet Italia offers the chance to have such a holiday experience in the central Italian region of Abruzzo that allows you to create your own holiday without any of the leg-work or research. As well as cooking, painting, pottery and Italian language classes, which include wine tastings and other goodies, there’s a wide choice of other activities to select from to suit the independent traveller and those holidaying with their family.
Something Different on Holiday in Italy
Prices for these classes, excursions and activities including accommodation, guide, all meals, transport, entry fees for excursions and tastings start at € 180 per day per person according to the type of accommodation selected, the season, the number of participants within a group and the combination of the activities.
Some examples of the activities you can select from on your tailor-made vacation in Abruzzo:
- A visit to market, cooking pasta with Mamma in a private home | Photos
- Visit and fishing demonstration on a trabocco (ancient fishing equipment typical of Abruzzo) | Photos
- Painting class | Photos
- Pottery class | Photos
- Visit to a medieval castle | Photos
- Visit to an hermitage on the mountains | Photos
- Day trip discovering Tremiti Islands on a private motorboat | Photos
- Visit to a pasta factory in the town of pasta
- Visit to a craft brewery with beer tasting
- Art experience to create your personal postcard or a little sculpture | Photos
- Visit to a winery, with wine tasting and tour of the vineyard and cellars | Photos
- Visit to an olive oil mill and olive grove and extra virgin olive oil tasting | Photos
- Grape harvest | Photos
- Gelato making class | Photos
- Street theater | Photos
- Olive harvest | Photos
- Truffle hunting | Photos
- Cycling along the coast or inland in the Appennines mountains | Photos
- Walking along the coast or inland in the Apennines mountains | Photos coast | Photos mountain
- Farmhouse experience: cheese making, cows milking, bread making… | Photos
- Forage, Cook & Feast, discover the art of foraging for delicious wild Italian herbs & plants and afterwards learn how to cook them into a traditional feast | Photos
- Visit to the historic bell foundry of Agnone which still manually makes church bells for the Vatican | Photos
- Handmade jewelry demonstration | Photos
- Learning how to conserve tomatoes to last all winter making traditional delicious bottles of passata or pezzetti: the most important backbone to so many Italian dishes including the classic fresh tomato sauce | Photos
- A day trip to one of Abruzzo’s picturesque mountain villages like Castelli, Scanno, Rocca Calascio or Santo Stefano di Sessanio, Fara San Martino, the region has the most listed in Borghi piu Bella Italia guide | Photos
- City day trips to Rome, Naples or other destinations
Sun, Sea, Mountains, Good Food & Wine
For nature lovers, Abruzzo is a great place to visit. It’s not overly touristy, but has everything someone looking for culture and relaxation could wish for: sun, sea, mountains, good food and wine. Our tailor-made holidays are ideal for small groups of friends, a few couples, families, or how about a team building cooking class for your company?
Silence & Colour, Flavours & Perfumes
You’ll hear the silence of Abruzzo, you will get lost among its colours, you’ll remember its flavours and perfumes for a long time and we can guarantee be keen to visit again. It’s difficult to forget the breathtaking views of Abruzzo: from the Adriatic Sea to the Maiella and Gran Sasso – the highest mountains of central Italy – from the reserves and the natural parks to the countryside, from dawn to sunset on the mountains. You will see and meet many Italians – men and women, young and old – but, more importantly, you’ll have new friends who love their region and are proud to tell you about it. You will feel at home with Italia Sweet Italia.
CREATE YOUR TAILOR-MADE VACATION
Fill in your details below giving us a rough idea of what you’re looking for and to let us organize your dream vacation and once in a lifetime trip!
Plan your dream vacation with Fabrizio
To get more ideas and inspirations, have a look to these sample itineraries regarding other tailor-made tours.
- Only 100% authentic experiences
- Deep connections with the people who live here
- We have a passion for our culture and our communities
- We promote the local culture as a sign of responsible travel
- We are focused on preserving our way of life
- We involve small, family-run and passion-driven businesses
Italia Sweet Italia (ISI) is a small incoming tour operator specialised in organizing vacations around Abruzzo Italy, our home. ISI is a fully licensed company covered by insurance policy no. 402485101 by Axa Assicurazione S.p.A. and authorised by the local government to create and sell tour packages from 2011.
Our mission is to show people from all over the world the beauty of Abruzzo and other Italian regions so they can experience our homeland, traditions, arts and folklore in a unique way, also demonstrating the benefits of sustainable tourism to everyone. In order to help you discover everything Abruzzo has to offer, we organise small groups (up to 12 people) escorted tours including cultural, culinary, active, pottery, Italian language and ancestry experiences. We are happy to create a tailored vacation around your wishes. Our tours provide you with the rare opportunity to be invited into homes and farms, as well as into the daily lives of locals.
- Our tours are suitable for everybody that travelled enough to know that touristy vacations are just not them and long for more authentic travel, ways to truly experience the culture and people they’re visiting
- Our travellers appreciate la dolce vita and the pleasures of exquisite food, wine, and fellowship with others who share their passions
- Our guests are not afraid to take bold steps…to learn something new…to explore something completely out of the ordinary
- The minimum age for pre-arranged tours is 14 (14-18 accompanied by an adult) with no upper age limit. For tailor-made and private tours any age is fine
- Our tours are perfect for solo travellers (we don’t charge single room supplements for our 7-day tours in Abruzzo), couples, groups of friends and even families are welcomed
- Our guests don’t need to have any experience in cooking or painting or do pottery or speaking Italian to join our tours. Our experienced course tutors will soon discover your level of knowledge and will adapt their approach accordingly
All classes are taught in both Italian and English so you’ll have the opportunity to learn and practice a little bit of Italian
To book your tailor-made tour with us, follow these easy steps. you are welcome to contact us at any stage and and we will help you with any doubts or problems:
- Discover our experiences, excursions and activities here
- Select all the experiences you would like to live with us and fill in the form including your personal message and description of your interests/needs
- Receive our draft itinerary
- Let us know if it is ok or if you want to make some changes
- After your approval we’ll send you the final itinerary including a quote
- Let us know if it is ok or if you want to make some changes
- If it is ok for you, you proceed with the booking:
a) The booking becomes binding only after the payment of a 25% deposit per person and the confirmation e-mail from Italia Sweet Italia that. You can pay the 25% deposit by:
- Bank Transfer
- Credit card
b) You pay the 75% balance within 45 days before arrival. You can pay the balance by Bank Transfer or Credit card. Fabrizio wills end you more instructions