Are you passionate about traveling and food, and have dreamed about putting the two together on a trip?
Well, we have an idea for the best destination: Italy, with its strong culinary tradition.
We are here to make your wish come true!
We are a tour operator based in Italy and we offer authentic experiences which you can tailor to suit your own personal taste.
Of course we are specialized in local cuisine and we can organize for you the best food experiences and cooking classes.
We are based in Abruzzo, a region located in the center of Italy, a couple of hours away from Rome, but we work across many other places, including Emilia Romagna, Puglia, and Sicily.
Specifically in Abruzzo you will be spoiled for choice!
Here is a list of our culinary tours:
- Cultural, Culinary & Olive Harvest Experience in Abruzzo: you will experience and have fun picking olives, visit an olive oil mill while it is working and transform olives to award- winning extra virgin olive oils. But also learn how to prepare world famous Italian dishes, such as pasta and pizza!
- Cultural, Culinary & Walking Experience in Abruzzo: this tour gives you the chance to have light and easy walks along the amazing Abruzzo mountains, lakes, ancient hermitages and coastline between national parks and unique trabocchi fishing houses. You will be staying in Vasto, our base in the region, where you will join an exclusive cooking class with locals, learn how easy it is to make fresh pasta and you will also be introduced to Abruzzo sauces.
- Cultural, Patron Saint Celebrations & Grape Harvest Experience in Abruzzo: this tour is designed to experience picking grapes, visiting a winery while it transforms grapes to award-winning Abruzzo wines and enjoying Vasto Patron Saint Celebrations. While touring, we will learn how to make “pizza scima” and enjoy an aperitif including a taste of a farmhouse production. You will also join a cooking class to learn how to prepare Bread with meat sauce, Pasta alla chitarra with meat sauce and polpette (meatballs).f course this is an example as the menu will be adapted according to the season.
- Cultural, Culinary & E-Cycling Experience in Abruzzo: you will get on light and easy electric bikes cycling along the amazing Abruzzo mountains, lakes, ancient hermitages and coastline between national parks and unique trabocchi fishing houses. And also learn how to prepare homemade pasta, pizza, and tiramisù.
- Cultural, Culinary & Truffle Hunting Experience in Abruzzo: this tour will make you join a truffle-hunting session with an experienced truffle hunter and dogs, and learn how to make the best risotto with truffle!
- Learn Italian, Food & Culture in Abruzzo: if you choose this tour, you will practice Italian in a different way during authentic experiences surrounded by amazing sceneries among the mountains, the seaside and historical sites. In this context, you will join an Italian family and prepare fresh pasta and sauces. We will also visit a farmhouse where we will teach you how to make a special bread called “pizza scima – stupid pizza”, a pizza without yeast, and ricotta cheese.
- Pottery, Art and Food Experience in Abruzzo: this tour is your opportunity to enjoy pottery and authentic Italian lifestyle, but also to learn how to make authentic Italian pasta.
- Cultural, Culinary & Salami Making Experience in Abruzzo: this tour offers the opportunity to learn how to make authentic Italian salami, but also homemade fresh pasta and pizza with locals.
- Cultural, Culinary & Tomato Passata Sauce Making Experience in Abruzzo: you will enjoy one of the strongest Italian traditions, passata sauce making, by joining an Italian family to learn how to preserve tomatoes to last all winter by making traditional delicious bottles of passata and pezzetti.
- Cultural, Culinary & Gelato Making Experience in Abruzzo: last but not least, ice cream! This tour is specifically dedicated to those who want to learn how to make authentic Italian gelato, to replicate it at home and surprise your friends, relatives and yourself!
We also offer tours to other regions, such as Puglia. During the Abruzzo, Puglia & Matera Experience tour, you will learn how to prepare homemade pasta and focaccia, but also orecchiette pasta, melanzane alla parmigiana (eggplant parmigiana) and Bocconotti (a typical Apulian dessert).
We can also take you to Emilia Romagna, the land where Parmigiano Reggiano was born. Here we offer the Food, Culture and Wellness in the Hidden Emilia Romagna tour: you will discover how the traditional Prosciutto and Parmigiano Reggiano are made, enjoy the taste of the traditional bolognese egg pasta and learn how to prepare it from locals.
If you are interested in traveling to Sicily, you can join the Culture and food trip in authentic Sicily tour. You will discover and experience Sicilian culture with the warm hospitality of local people, great food and dessert traditions, and learn how to prepare typical recipes (i.e. homemade pasta, caponata and arancine).
Ready to travel to Italy and unveil its culinary secrets?
Get in touch today for more information about our tours. We are ready to help you choose the best options for your dream vacation!
And if you’re not quite ready to make an inquiry, sign up for our free email course to learn everything you need to know about planning a tour of Abruzzo.